Sunscreen is essential if you go on vacation and expose yourself to the sun in a beach or pool. However, it should be considered an article of daily use, since every day we are exposed to ultraviolet rays that damage the skin, causing premature aging, cloth, stains and collagen loss.
However, for many it is difficult to know what is the right sunscreen, how to use it and what kind of care should be taken when doing it. To help you solve those doubts, we have created this simple guide. eye! Do not forget to consult your dermatologist.
Choose a blocker
Some people are more sensitive to ultraviolet rays and require a protector with higher SPF than others. To know which one you should use, check the table above, although it is best to go to the dermatologist, who will indicate the appropriate SPF considering your skin type, acne, allergies, etc.
Apply sunscreen 30 to 15 minutes before exposing yourself to sunlight. This way your skin will absorb the ingredients that will keep it protected.
To ensure a better effect, wear the sunscreen more than once a day; It is recommended to do it every three hours. In case you got wet you should reapply immediately.
Where to put it
In any part of the body that is exposed to the sun; face and neck, even if you wear a hat or cap; Remember to cover your nose and ears, which we usually forget. If you are going to be in extreme conditions, apply on the fingers, hands and feet; Do not forget the lips, using lip balm or SPF.
Take extra measures
- Do not expose yourself to the sun between 11 and 16 hours, which is the period in which the sun causes more damage.
- Wear a hat.
- Wears glasses with UVA and UVB filter.
- It is ideal to have a facial product and another body, otherwise you run the risk of your face looking more greasy and acne.
- The makeup with FPS is not enough to take care of your skin. Do not trust and also use sunscreen.
- Blockers also have an expiration date; Do not forget to check its expiration before using it.