Essential oils are very valuable for facial skin, as they moisturize and protect it. Let’s find out which essential oils we must choose.
The essential oils are a very precious natural product for the skin of the face, as they nourish the skin especially the most dehydrated , certainly one must choose the most suitable one. I am also a real beauty elixir as they help to balance sebum production, especially for women with oily facial skin.
Oils are precious wrinkle allies, seen that some have antioxidant properties, fight wrinkles, avoiding cellular aging
We help you in choosing the most suitable essential oils for your face, so as to have a perfect appearance and healthy
Oil for oily or acneic skin
Women who have oily or acne-prone skin can use:
- The essential oil of lemograss: obtained from the homonymous plant originating from Sri-Lanka in India, has the following properties:
- normalizes the production of sebum : also in combination skins not only fat, also controlling the shiny effect, and is excellent in the case of acne.
2. The essential oil of lemon, orange or rosemary: are oils suitable for this type of skin, as they perform an action:
3. The essential oil of eucalyptus: in particular the one that derives from the eucalyptus radiata, is important because in addition to reducing the sebum, it refreshes and eliminates bad odors.
4.The essential oil of thyme: indicated especially for acneic skin as it has antibacterial properties, moreover if the face has large pores and blackheads, with the application they are reduced considerably. If the skin of the face is too shiny it also gives an opaque effect.
5. The essential oil of tea tree: performs a healing, antibacterial, disinfectant and astringent action, therefore beneficial for acneic and oily skin
Oils for the most sensitive skin
1 . Lavender essential oil: is widely used in aromatherapy. It performs a calming action on the nervous system and also has soothing properties that treat sensitive or irritated skin.
2. The essential oil of rose: also has a flashing action, it can be applied if the skin is irritated or very sensitive skin.
3.The essential oil of chamomile: carries out a emollient, calming and soothing action especially indicated for reddened and inflamed skin. It is also indicated for soothing the skin after sunburn
Oils for more mature skin with wrinkles
1.The essential oil of incense : it has an antioxidant action, therefore it slows down cellular aging, keeps the skin of the face elastic and long-lasting tonic, delaying the appearance of wrinkles. It protects the skin of the face, moisturizing it, eliminates skin blemishes and reduces scars.
2.The essential oil of carrot: reduces wrinkles, thanks to its antioxidant action, and gives the face a luminous complexion also attenuating the spots . It can also be used to repair damaged skin after prolonged exposure to the sun.
3. The essential oil of neroli: tones, brightens and elasticizes the skin of the face. Women who have mature allergic and reactive or prone to rosacea can use it, they will certainly notice improvements.
Oils for dry skin
1.The essential oil of Ylang Ylang is the oil in excellence indicated for dehydrated facial skin and not only even if it is chapped. After application, the skin will no longer be inflamed as the oil soothes and plays an anti-wrinkle action. The skin of the face will be softer and more velvety and an elixir for dry skin.
2. Pure argan oil : nourishes the skin, hydrates it because it acts in depth, it also performs an emollient action, making the skin soft and elastic, without greasing it. It is quickly absorbed, leaving the skin very smooth and silky.
How to use them
After choosing the most suitable essential oil for our face, it does not apply directly, but must be mixed with another vegetable oil, we discover how.
The recommended doses are:
- 30 ml of vegetable oil
- 5 drops of essential oil.
Preparation : mix the two oils slightly in a bowl, let them rest for 2 days, then apply a few drops of oil on the face, neck and décolleté, and gently massage until it is completely absorbed. Alternatively, the essential oil can be mixed with your moisturizer, 15 drops of essential oil will be enough for every 50 ml of cream
Essential oils can also be used to prepare a facial scrub in order to exfoliate the skin and make it brighter and smoother, it is recommended to do it at least once a week.
Preparation : mix a granulated element such as cane sugar, salt or silico powder , with a vegetable oil suitable for your skin type. Then add the vegetable oil and finally the essential oil, always choosing it according to the type of skin.
For the vegetable oil here is the list:
- of olive and sweet almonds: for sensitive skin;
- of argan: for mature skin;
- of jojoba: for mixed and oily skin
Essential oils are very useful, you can also prepare face masks, which can be applied up to twice a week, for purify or moisturize the skin in depth. Let’s try to understand how to do it based on the skin.
- Dry skin : moisturizing mask with 2 tablespoons of honey, 20 ml of almond oil and 3 drops of lavender essential oil.
- For the oily skin: mask with 3 tablespoons of green clay, 1 tablespoon of honey, 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice and 2 drops of geranium essential oil.
- It is important when buying essential oils, make sure of the origin, must be pure and without any additives .
- Never apply them on wounded or irritated skin
- Avoid applying them on the eyes, lips and mucous membranes
- Stop it ‘use in case of allergic reactions or irritations after use.
- Use them with care in pregnant women: in these cases you should ask your gynecologist for advice.
- The essential oil of neroli and lemon may have a photosensitivity effect so do not use them before and during exposure to the sun.