If only the tips are damaged, these masks are also used only here to avoid that the remaining hair greasy. If necessary, these home remedies can also be applied to the whole hair, the approach should be spared.
Shiny, supple hair is the dream of many women, but often the hair is too dry and suffer from split ends.
Sun exposure, heat treatments and bad eating habits are some of the reasons why hair loses moisture and becomes brittle.
The solution for many is a visit to the hairdresser and trimming the hair. However, if you do not want to get your hair cut, try these excellent hair masks that nourish and repair your hair with natural ingredients.
Then we recommend you 5 homemade masks, with which you can treat split ends and dry hair. Try these recipes yourself!
1. Mask with avocado and olive oil against split ends
Both avocado and olive oil are indispensable in the diet because of their valuable nutrients.
Also for the health of hair, these two ingredients are particularly good, especially for dry and brittle hair.
The fatty acids contained in it, as well as the vitamins and minerals deeply nourish the hair and repair it.
• 1 ripe avocado
• 2 tablespoons of egg white (20 g)
• 3 tablespoons olive oil (42 g)
• Puree the pulp of the ripe avocado with a fork.
• Then stir in the egg white and the olive oil until a homogeneous cream is obtained.
• Apply this mask to dry hair, especially covering the tips well.
• Put on a shower cap and let the mask work for 30 to 40 minutes.
• Then rinse and wash hair as usual with shampoo. Use this mask three times a week.
2. Mask with papaya, yogurt and coconut oil
The essential amino acids and proteins of papaya are excellent for repairing and strengthening hair.
In combination with natural yoghurt and coconut oil you get a natural conditioner that repairs the tips of your hair.
• 1 papaya slice
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil (15 g)
• 1/2 cup natural yogurt (120 g)
• Crush the papaya slice and mix with coconut oil and natural yoghurt. You can also prepare this mask in a blender if you want it creamier.
• Moisten the hair and apply the product.
• Rinse with cold water after one hour of use.
• Use this mask two to three times a week.
3. Mask with butter, vinegar and lemon
The fatty acids contained in the butter provide the hair with moisture and repair it. The combination with vinegar and lemon improves the results.
• 1 tablespoon butter (15 g)
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice (10 ml)
• 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (10 ml)
• Melt the butter and mix with the lemon juice and the vinegar.
• As soon as the butter cools down a little, but before it gets firm, apply especially to the hair tips.
• Rinse after 20 minutes and wash hair as usual.
• You can use this hair condition every day for the hair tips with split ends.
4. Mask with bee honey and egg
The moisturizing properties of bee honey in combination with the proteins of ice help to treat split ends in a short time.
• 3 tablespoons bee honey (75 g)
• 1 egg
• 2 tablespoons olive oil (28 g)
• Mix the egg and mix with the honey and the olive oil.
• Apply this mask to the damp hair tips with a brush.
• Rinse with water after 30 minutes of use.
• Repeat this regimen every day or at least three times a week.
5. Mask with banana
The nutrients contained in the banana are also very valuable for brittle hair. In this mask, we combine the banana with almond oil and an egg yolk to nourish the hair and give them again to suppleness and shine.
• 1 ripe banana
• 1 tablespoon almond oil (15 g)
• 1 egg yolk
• Process all ingredients in the blender until a homogeneous, thick cream is produced.
• Moisten the hair and apply the mask with a gentle massage.
• Rinse with plenty of water after 30 minutes of use.
• This mask can be used two to three times a week.
Finally, we remind you that the results of these treatments are not immediately visible. Several applications are required to achieve the desired results.
In addition, you should pay attention to a healthy diet and, if possible, to do without hair straighteners, hair dryer or other aggressive hair treatments.