Many of us mistakenly think that lemon water can only contain lemon and water. However, this drink, which the majority likes to do good for the body, is not limited to these two ingredients. Indeed, it is possible to add flavor by incorporating some fruits or vegetables rich in benefits that will turn into a real health ally. Here’s how to prepare it:
1 lemon (preferably organic)
4 to 5 mint leaves
1.5 cm fresh ginger peeled
2 liters d Water
- To begin, thoroughly wash the lemon and cucumber with white vinegar to remove any microbes or pesticide residues. Light water for mint will suffice.
- Once all your ingredients have been washed, cut the lemon and cucumber into slices. Reserve
- Rag the fresh ginger (you can also put whole pieces if you do not want the flavor to be too strong)
- In a large carafe of water (2 liters), add these ingredients and leave to rest for two whole hours, either in the refrigerator or at room temperature.
- Add then mint leaves and lemon zest
- Your drink is ready, for tasting!
You can either serve you directly from the carafe or filter the drink with a strainer and pour into appropriate glasses.
It is also possible for you to decorate your preparation of other citrus fruits such as oranges or grapefruit to change every time the taste of your lemon water.
Another little trick that few people know about, the lemon zest! Many nutrients reside in the bark of this citrus fruit and make its zest a good addition to your beverages.
It is recommended that you rinse your teeth with mineral water after drinking this beverage to get rid of residue. citric acid found in lemon (able to damage tooth enamel)
Benefits of Ingredients
Cucumber: One of the richest vegetables in water with very little calorie intake. Beyond its lipid-lowering and antioxidant effect, cucumber has a cleansing and purifying action for the body by eradicating old waste and toxins from our body.
Water: It is always useful to remember Daily hydration is very important for its impact on energy levels and brain function. The consumption of water helps to prevent and fight headaches and migraines and helps to improve intestinal transit.
Recognized for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, the benefits of ginger on health are well established. Excellent for digestion, it is also recommended to prevent nausea thanks to its anti-emetic properties.
Lemon: Make it a habit to add lemon (in juice, sliced, zest …) to your daily diet to improve management and maintain a healthy body. In addition to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory action, flavonoid rich citrus fruit has been shown in vivo to reduce the level of lipids in the blood.
Mint: In addition to delicately enhancing taste of your drink, the mint would relax the muscles and facilitate the transit thanks to its digestive virtues, especially in case of irritable bowel syndrome. Positive Points for this Super Food!
This drink is contraindicated in the event of:
- Heartburn or Stomach Ulcer
- Biliary or Gastric Disorders
- Serious liver problems
- Irritations of the gingiva and / or enamel
- Before a medical intervention
In case of doubt as to your state of health, the opinion of ‘a doctor is indispensable.