- 1 chicken of 1.8 kg, ready to bake
- 350 g of long grain rice
- 250 g of carrots
- 250 g of onions
- 25 g of butter
- 4 pinches of saffron powder
- 1 bouquet garni (1 bay leaf 1 sprig of thyme 6 sprigs of parsley)
- 50 g of flaked almonds
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt , pepper
1. Salt and pepper the chicken inside and out. Peel the carrots, cut in four lengthwise then in fans of 1/2 cm. Peel the onions and chop them
2. Pour the oil into an oval casserole 32 cm long and brown the chicken on all sides. Remove it from the pan and discard the oil
3. Put the butter in the casserole, add the carrots and onions and then brown for 5 minutes over low heat, without stirring with a spatula.
4. Return the chicken to the casserole, wet with 30 cl of water and sprinkle with saffron. Bring to a boil, add the bouquet garni and season. Then put the chicken on one leg, cover and cook for 20 minutes over very low heat, then turn it over the other leg and cook for another 20 minutes
5. Lay the chicken on the back and pour the rice around. Cover and cook for 30 minutes on low heat without stirring
6. Brown the almonds in a dry skillet and sprinkle the poultry before serving.