Sesame oil is a vegetable oil that has many properties and benefits especially for cosmetics. Let’s find out how to use it
sesame oil is obtained from the extraction of the seeds of the sesame plant, called Sesamum indicu, belonging to the Pedaliaceae family, it is a herbaceous plant of Indian origin. It has been used for hundreds of years as a natural healing remedy, contains a lot of calcium and is rich in oleic acid and linoleic acid, a source of omega 3 and 6 essential fatty acids. It is widely used in cooking as a condiment , but it is used as a beauty remedy for both skin and hair. Let’s discover all the properties and how to use them.
Sesame oil: the properties
It is considered an oil with multiple benefits, here are what they are:
- a natural anti-inflammatory: perfect for skin care and protection
- an antioxidant : fights skin aging and free radicals
- an antiviral and antibacterial: acts against pathogens that can attack the skin causing infections,
- rich in vitamins : in particular vitamin A, vitamin E and vitamins of group B (B1, B2, B3);
- rich in mineral salts: such as magnesium, phosphorus and calcium,
- regulating cell development
- rich in unsaturated fatty acids : as g li omega 3 and omega 6
How to use it
Sesame oil is a very versatile oil , is used in different situations:
- sunburn: is applied directly to the skin
- dry face skin: has a moisturizing action
- hair with dandruff: reduces dandruff;
- acne: regulates acne and tightens the skin of the face and body. On the market there are several soaps, cosmetic products and shampoos, whose ingredients are sesame oil
- protection during sun exposure
- energizing massages: is an oil that lends itself very good to massages;
- relieves irritation and redness: is applied directly to the skin;
Sesame oil is particularly beneficial for the skin as it is rich in antioxidants and counteracts the action of free radicals. If you apply it directly to the skin can prevent melanoma.
Sesame oil and ginger
A massage oil can be prepared for the body with sesame oil and ginger. Put half a cup of sesame oil and half a cup of fresh ginger juice in a bowl. It is important that the ginger is finely grated and then filtered with gauze to get the juice. Mix well and then use both for massages and to relieve muscle pain.
Treatment for the feet
Sesame oil is indicated for treat rough feet and give a pleasant fragrance . It is prepared in this way: in a bowl we put a spoon of sesame oil and 5 drops of essential mint oil, mix and apply on the feet. It is advisable to wear cotton stockings and leave it on all night, when you wake up the skin on your feet will be very soft.
The oil of sesame is very effective for dry hair, just apply a few drops on dry hair, thus obtaining a nourishing and polishing effect. Alternatively you can make compresses, just apply the oil on the hair, massage with your hands and leave for at least 30 minutes, then proceed with the shampoo. It is also suitable for hair with dandruff.
Oil after sun
Sesame oil has a soothing effect, so yes can apply after sunburn, or massage it on the body after sun exposure. If you want to increase its effectiveness, you can mix it with a tablespoon of aloe vera gel or a teaspoon of calendula oil.
A real exfoliating scrub can be applied both on the face and on the body , just mix a tablespoon of sesame oil and half a tablespoon of rice starch in a bowl, then apply the mixture on the skin and massage gently. Then rinse first with warm water and then with cold water.
To have this effect, just apply a small amount of sesame oil to the face every day, being rich in antioxidants, sesame oil will help fight skin aging by giving elasticity and radiance.