Straight hair without plate? You can if you know how to do it Here are the 5 steps to follow to have smooth and silky hair without the use of the plate
Who among you women does not want to have straight hair, silky and soft without having to use the straightening hair straightener every time? Most of us women, apart from those two lucky ones who dry their hair naturally and wear naturally smooth hair, for all the others, this remains a dream. Yes, a dream so far, because, in reality, you can have straight hair without the use of a plate. How to do? Just follow the simple rules we want to call step: the 5 steps to have a smooth, flowing and silky hair without using the hair straightener ! What then, we know, often subjecting hair to the use of straightening plates leads our hair to be stressed by the very high heat. The heat sources are very bad hair, in the long run they make the hair brittle, dry and tend to be fragile. Result? A disaster on all fronts, therefore, if possible, using as little as possible the use of aggressive heat sources such as plates, curling irons and the like would be a valid alternative. Or at least use the special drying oils before in order to coat the hair and keep it as sheltered as possible. Having said that, we discover, therefore, how to have a smooth hair without the use of a plate.
Straight hair without the use of the plate | The 5 steps to follow
Since the end of the 19th century, the plate has become an inevitable element in the bathroom of many women. However, today we know that using it regularly can seriously damage the hair. Those with slightly wavy or slightly curly hair sometimes would like to smooth them, but without damaging them. In fact, chemicals based on caustic substances and the hot plate can ruin them. Fortunately, there are numerous techniques that do not provide heat to obtain a smooth hair: they are ideal methods for hair that is not particularly wavy, while the more defined curls usually require at least a little heat. This article will explain how to prepare hair to maximize the effects of ironing. Furthermore, it will show you some methods to smooth them without heat and obtain a smooth and silky result with the hair dryer, minimizing however the typical damages of the procedure.
On many occasions we have explained that constantly subjecting the hair to heat can cause irreversible damage and make them dry, opaque and weak. If you are looking for a natural way to take care of it and keep it clean, read the 5 steps we propose for smoothing hair without a plate.
1st Step: Care for your hair with a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner
To have straight and bright hair, you have to start from a healthy basis; this means that it is necessary to treat them from the moment of washing. In fact, the products are important, especially if you put your hair to a certain stress or try to do a hairstyle that is generally not realized, like the smooth crease. In particular, wavy and curly hair tend to dry easily, and the cuticle, or the outermost layer, is often rougher. So what to do?
- A moisturizing shampoo will help you moisturize the stem and cuticles for a smoother, frizz-free and broken hair result.
- When to choose one moisturizing shampoo , read online reviews and look for products whose label indicates adjectives such as “nourishing”, “emollient” and “moisturizing”.
Toggle between a protein-based balm and a moisturizer. The proteins contained in the balms create a protective film on the hair. It smoothes the cuticles, and reduces frizz and the appearance of knots. Furthermore, proteins penetrate the stem to smooth it. In your specific case, you need both hydration and protein. The hair will therefore be elastic, that is, it will stretch without breaking, a fundamental indicator of their health. Therefore, you need to find a balance between these two characteristics:
- If you have healthy curly hair, alternate between protein-based balms (containing wheat germ, keratin, silk, milk, collagen or soy) and moisturizing balms.  That said, if the hair is frizzy and dry to the touch, it is very elastic but still it breaks, it looks dull when wet, the curls or the hairstyle do not take long, more often use a balm based on proteins.
- Use more often a detangling balm with linseed or moisturizing if the hair breaks very easily, are brittle or of a straw-like consistency, are not very elastic.
- When you have to choose products containing proteins, on the package look for adjectives like “fortifying”, “strengthening” and “repairer”.
- If you are looking for a nourishing balm, stay away from products containing silicones. They seal the stem and give an appearance of hydration, but in reality they dry it out in the long run.
- Instead, choose a nourishing balm containing oils such as argan, jojoba and castor oil, vitamin E, shea butter and cocoa.
- Do you prefer a product containing an oil such as coconut oil, sweet almond oil or avocado, panthenol, keratin, amino acids, ceramides or test Neem oil, a beauty elixir for hair .
- You can also prepare a smoothing wrap natural by mixing 250 ml of whole or coconut milk with 1 tablespoon of honey. Massage it into the hair and leave it on for an hour before rinsing it.
Step 2: Smooth the hair even without heat
When you think about drying and / or ironing, you probably associate the hair dryer with heat. However, it is possible to dry the hair with a jet of cold air. Do you have normal or thin hair? After shampooing and applying the conditioner, gently spray a thermo-protective and anti-frizz hair spray smoothing, silky effect free of oils or silicones (often contained in products that promise shine). If the hair is thicker, rather wavy or curly, use a dose of cream or smoothing lotion the size of a coin.
- While drying them with the cold temperature use tongs to work them in sections and direct the air jet downwards to keep the cuticles flat. Gently distract with a wide or medium-toothed comb from roots to ends. Grab them from the tips and hold them tight for several seconds.
- In case of normal and fine hair finish with an anti-frizz or smoothing spray free of silicones or oils, or use a light hold lacquer. For thicker hair, use a dose of a pea-sized finish serum or a drop of Argan oil.
- you always prefer the products in which the label indicates words such as “anticrespo”, “silk effect”, ” smoothing ”,“ without heat ”and“ without plate “.
- Use wild boar bristle brushes: when combing your hair, after washing, do it with a brush that has boar bristles. This is because the wild boar bristle brush picks up the natural sebum from the roots and distributes it over the lengths to give it a natural shine.
- If you can, let them dry in the air, but combs every 2-3 minutes. When you comb them, start at the roots and proceed downwards, grabbing each strand from the tip and keeping it raised for several seconds to facilitate ironing.
3rd Step: Use wide curlers to smooth the hair
Once, when the plates did not exist, our mothers or grandmothers used hair curlers to smooth their hair in a natural way. A method that has now become obsolete for several reasons. First of all, the time available is less and less and drying with curlers takes longer. Second, the inconvenience. But let’s see the positive side: the fluidity of the hair and the softness will make you think again! So after shampooing and applying the conditioner, squeeze out excess water from the hair and tamponade it. Apply a spray, a lotion or an anti-frizz, smoothing or silk-effect cream.
- Make row following the natural one: you will get two sections.
- Subsequently, subdivide each of these strands into other 2- 3 parts, depending on how thick your hair is.
- Roll each strand onto a curler with a diameter similar to that of a can, and secure it with a large pliers.
- Let the hair dry completely. ‘air, otherwise the sea urchins or waves will return;
- Remove one curler at a time, spraying an anti-frizz, silky or smoothing spray on each lock as you go. Then, distract them with a wide-toothed comb.
- Alternatively, you can remove all the curlers, comb the hair and then, if they are thick, use a spray or a finishing serum.
4th Step: The perfect hair dryer for smoothing hair
The best thing to have straight and fast hair? Use a good hairdryer. Needless to turn around: unfortunately the heat is harmful to the hair. The secret is to minimize the damage. Therefore, it is essential to use quality washing and hydration products. Secondly, it is good to choose valid equipment for styling. In addition to the classic hair dryer, there are numerous models on the market.
- Ceramic hair dryers emit an infrared heat that is evenly distributed, making it less harmful.
- Phon a ions which release negative ions to break water molecules and flatten capillary cuticles, reduce frizz and ensure shine.
- Phon with tourmaline emit infrared heat and release negative ions; they also close the cuticles, giving a smoother result and with a less frizz.
To do the smooth styling with the hair dryer, hair will be subjected to a lot of heat, especially if they are long, thick or rather curly. At a minimum, you should get a 1300-1875 watt ceramic hair dryer with multiple heat and speed configurations, plus the cooling button. If you plan on smoothing your hair often enough, you should seriously consider investing in a ceramic or ceramic and tourmaline ceramic hair dryer
You will get much better results even if you buy a hair dryer with a narrow spout, or one that is compatible with these accessories sold separately. This allows you to direct the jet directly onto the lock of hair you need to dry, which helps create volume at the roots when you lift them with the brush. Moreover, it allows you to smooth them, because the strands will not flutter anywhere. How to dry them with the hair dryer?
- First of all always direct the hair-dryer down . In this way, the capillary cuticle appears flat, so the hair will be more silky, smooth and luminous
- Make sure to pull the brush firmly through the hair, so, while the beak of the hair dryer follows it, they are kept straight in the moment in which they come into contact with heat.
- Learn to use the cooling button . If on one hand the heat helps to do the styling, the cold air fixes them. Once you have finished drying a lock, fix it with a jet of cold air for a few seconds before moving on to the next one.
- Attention to bathroom humidity where you dry your hair. If this is damp, dry your hair in another room. As you well know, heat and humidity are sworn enemies of straight hair. The result will be frizzy and swollen hair!
- If you have obstinate clumps or they leave on their own, make sure they are completely wet; hold them flat with a brush and direct a jet of hot air towards them for 5-7 seconds. Then, use cold air for approximately 10 seconds to fix them.
Step 5: Use the brush only when the hair is almost dry
Dry 70% hair before using a brush. Until they have reached this percentage of drying, they will not maintain any styling, not even the smooth one.
This allows you to avoid much damage, because it starts from a point where you don’t need heat at all, or almost. You can wrap them with a towel, let them air dry for a couple of hours or use a hair dryer at a warm or cold temperature. If you opt for the latter method, turn the head forward and massage the roots while drying them with warm air. Then, when you bring your head back vertically, use a wide-toothed comb to smoothly untangle them. Direct the air jet downwards, set a cold or warm temperature until they are 70% dry.
- also starts to dry the front of the hair first, then the fringe or the tuft. Generally, the hair is shorter on the front and sides. As a result, you need to use a smaller round brush for these areas. Start with the fringe because it dries faster, and then it can be very difficult to smooth it out without the help of a plate. Use the brush by rolling it under the fringe, direct the air jet from the roots to the ends. If necessary, fix it to the side while working on the rest of the hair.
- After drying the fringe, work on the top of the head and on the sides. Now, use a smaller brush to separate a lock about 3 to 5 cm from the temple. Dry it by rolling the brush up and back, away from the hairline. Make sure that enough tension is created while turning the brush, so the hair will be well stretched – but not so much as to break. You should also make sure that you set the hair dryer to a warm temperature and direct it backwards (away from your face), not forward. Then, grab the lock with the brush and repeat it with the cold jet to fix it. Switch to another lock
Short additional tips
- Regularly remove split ends
- Do not use terry towels because they can make frizzy the hair.
- Hair should always be gently brushed
- Always apply a thermo-protective product before using the plate.
- Before leaving the shower, make a final rinse with cold water: it will be used to close the cuticles.
- Once the washing is finished, you must not rub or squeeze them sharply or too energetic. This can have negative consequences, such as knots and frizz.