Vegetable oils are increasingly sought after for hair and skin treatments. What are the benefits and how are they used?
Vegetable oils for skin and hair
There are many vegetable oils in nature, each possesses different beneficial properties, both can be used on the skin than on the hair or even as an anti-wrinkle.
But do you know which vegetable oil is best suited to your needs? We see all the vegetable oils on the market and each one explains to you what the main properties are and how to use them.
Argan oil comes from a plant called Argania Spinosa, and is produced in southern Morocco. In 1998, UNESCO declared the biosphere reserve the argan forest, where women’s cooperatives traditionally collect and work the fruit of the Argania spinosa .
Its main properties are antioxidants, but also nourishing and elasticizing. It can be used both on the hair and on the skin, because it has an anti-aging effect and contributes to the regeneration of the epidermis, accelerating the healing of scars.
There are many products with argan oil on the market, but they often contain small ones quantity: it is necessary to read the label carefully.
Let’s see how to use it:
- On the hair : spread a few drops on the hair after shampooing and proceed with styling. Argan oil strengthens the hair and prevents split ends
- On the skin of the body : spread a few drops on damp skin after a shower or bath, especially in the most delicate areas.
- On the face : it has an anti-wrinkle action, distribute a couple of drops on the face before going to sleep
- On the nails : it has a strengthening action, spread it on the cuticles and nails leave it to act for a few moments, especially after the semi-permanent
Rosehip oil is obtained from the pressing of the seeds contained in the berries of the homonymous plant. It is a natural regenerator that revitalizes skin eliminating signs of fatigue, giving good hydration and improving elasticity thanks to its content of vitamins A, E and D.
Its use is not recommended if you have acne-prone skin
Here are the main uses you can make of it:
- on scars: for the smoothing action
- on the skin rehydrates and soothes in case of burns solare,
- stimulates the natural tissue regeneration process on the face, revitalizing the skin, only if it is applied every day
Castor oil is used on the eyelashes and on the hair to give strength and volume, on the nails to reinforce them. It is an oil extremely dense, very rich in fatty acids, but its most important property is that of stimulating keratin and collagen.
Where to apply castor oil:
- on hair dry and weak: perfect for a compress before the shampoo
- as an eye make-up remover
- on the nails: for a reinforcing action
- on the lashes to lengthen and strengthen the lashes
- on the skin against acne, warts , dermatitis, just make compresses with a cotton pad
- on the skin as wrinkles, to be applied in very small quantities
Sweet almond oil
It is probably among the most famous and used vegetable oils almond oil comes from the cold pressing of the same almonds. Its main properties are nourishing and soothing the skin, and in fact it is used in many different ways, and can also be used on the hair. Pay attention to the risk of allergies if you are intolerant to almonds.
Let’s see the main uses:
- against stretch marks: it prevents them
- on the skin: it can be used as a moisturizer on damp skin immediately after showering . used day after day it leaves the skin toned, elastic and super hydrated,
- on the hair: it nourishes them only if you make the compresses before the shampoo
Obtained from the pressing of the known fruit, avocado oil has excellent properties, especially for women who have dry skin. It is used after having diluted with other oils, such as sweet almond oil, has nourishing action elasticizing and regenerating. Here’s how to use it:
- on the skin of the body: excellent against stretch marks and for moisturizing very dry skin
- on the face : excellent as an anti-wrinkle because it stimulates the production of collagen
- on hair: you can make a restructuring wrap using it together with coconut oil
Neem oil is extracted from the leaves of a plant that grows in India and Burma. Its properties are very special:
Here are the main uses:
- on hair: yes it uses hair to make brittle and exploited hair, after the treatment the hair will be nourished, shiny and invigorated. It is also an excellent natural remedy against dandruff:
- on the skin: relaxes and minimizes scars, has an antibacterial action
It is obtained from Flaxseed pressing, it is particularly suitable for hair. It is rich in omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids has a nourishing and regenerating action. It must be kept in the fridge, has emollient and restructuring properties, here is how to use it:
- on the hair: after washing, it makes them very moribid, but above all it removes the frizz
- on the hair: excellent for removing dandruff
- on the body and face: deeply moisturizes and softens the skin
Coconut oil comes from the pressing of coconut flesh and has a very particular consistency. It is rich in fatty acids and antioxidants, and it is particularly beneficial to hair.
Uses main aesthetics:
- on the skin of the face: has an anti-inflammatory moisturizing action, it also has anti-aging effect.
- facial make-up remover
- on the skin of the body: to moisturize and prevent stretch marks
- on hair: has a strengthening and nourishing action, softens hair by removing frizz
Oil of jojoba is nourishing and rehydrating
- on the skin: prevents aging and is excellent for healing small abrasions, burns and insect bites
- on hair: nourishes dry hair but is also indicated in case of oily hair, because co mbatte the excess sebum from the scalp